Toronto International Airport and surroundings

TomTom Model(s)
GO730
My father was wanting to borrow my GO730 (805 maps) to help him get to and from Pearson Airport. I know over the past couple of years there was added a new Terminal and correspondingly new roads and rerouting of existing ones. For those of you who live in the GTA do you know if the 805 maps accurately map this spaghetti array of roads?

Last edited:
It does but, if ALG is not working he will just have to pay attention to the overhead signs to get to the right terminal or parking location.

The speed limit is low enough to look at the TT for the turns so use HOME and make a POI for him.

POI in city > Mississauga > next screen > Airport > pick from the six POIs, Arrival/Departure Terminal 1, 2, 3
and Robert's your father's brother.

It does but, if ALG is not working

On a side note Do we know for sure that ALG still isnt a go in Canada even with the newer 810 maps?

Airport > pick from the six POIs, Arrival/Departure Terminal 1, 2, 3

I guess the inclusion of any reference to Terminal 3 implies that the 805 maps are up to date for the area.

and Robert's your father's brother.

You are so close! :eek:

On a side note Do we know for sure that ALG still isnt a go in Canada even with the newer 810 maps?
Prior to introduction of the 810, Support had informed me that ALG will not work here until the release of a second map upgrade.

Still would be nice to know if someone with an 810 map tries it on a Canadian sold 930.
We know from Gilbert's post that it worked on that New Jersey stretch witt a US purchased unit.

I guess the inclusion of any reference to Terminal 3 implies that the 805 maps are up to date for the area.
Although not as easyly as the Navteq ones in Google maps, you can check with Tyre and see what the TeleAtlas map shows. That one should be pretty much the same as the one on your GO.

I'd be just a little apprehensive by choosing the route to terminal 2 these days :)

(For non Torontonians, T2 was raized over a year ago).

I'd be just a little apprehensive by choosing the route to terminal 2 these days :)
True. Demolition of Terminal 2 started in April of last year and is expected to be completed this November. The remnant of the old Terminal 2 is the rectangular building to the right of pier F of the new Terminal 1.

For people not from Tronna, the original Terminal 1 was one of the best Terminals when designed with a maximum walking to the Gates of about 500 feet. (Street tunnel to the center of the building, check in in the center too.) T1 was finished and 4 more clusters were projected for the future when I came to Toronto in 1966.

Unfortunately the high jackings of the late 60's / early 70's killed the design as there were no provisions made for security.

My father just got back from T3 of the airport, having to pick up a relative. He said the TT was just fine.

Prior to introduction of the 810, Support had informed me that ALG will not work here until the release of a second map upgrade.

Still would be nice to know if someone with an 810 map tries it on a Canadian sold 930.

On a lark I just called TT support. I asked about the availability of ALG in Canada. He put me on hold and came back and told me unequivocally that ALG *now* 'works' in Canada ie with the latest 810 maps....on very major thoroughfares. He even made reference to the 401.

I told him that I had easy access to the 401 and would I be able to refund my purchase if I discovered that ALG did not work on the 810 ;) ? Hesitatingly he said yes.

I'd love to know if 810 has it for Canada :cool: .

Last edited:

Ask a Question