510 reboots while driving in Toronto

My 510 reboots several times while driving through Toronto as well as the Hamilton area, anybody else have this issue?

Are you on battery power or connected to the car charger?

What application and map version do you have on your unit?

Did you try a unit reset?

Problem occurs on battery and car charger.Also happens in the exact location( Allen road) in Toronto and on the QEW as I approach Hamilton.

Navigator 7.903
US & Canada map 665.1293
Have not tried a reset.

You realize you have a very old map, don't you? Shouldn't make a difference, but ....

Also, your sig line says Navigator but your post says you have a 510???

It's possible that you've got a worn out SD card, and there is a corrupt section on your map.

Sometimes, people have better luck with older applications. 7.903 isn't really needed unless you have a 8xx series map.

Try downgrading to app 7.162 or even to app 6.524. Your map isn't mapshare compatible, so there's not much value in the Navcore 7 application.

To downgrade, first backup per this link. Then delete all loose files on the tomtom drive (but not folders), then use winrar to extract the app link above and copy the contents onto the Tomtom, overwriting files if prompted.

I will give it a try ,just been in the toronto and hamilton area and the unit powers down , reset itself and freezes up in exactly the same areas of each city.Also when planning a route it will start to plan route then shows ERROR and stops.Almost threw the unit into Lake Ontario and bought a Garmin.

Ask a Question