Traffic Support in Toronto?

Hey Guys, I live in Toronto and I bought Tomtom 1.6 for iphone4. Does it support traffic for toronto?

At the main website it says that Tomtom has traffic information in Canada.
But when I try to buy traffic update in TomTom iphone app, it says US only in traffic Terms And conditions. But Toronto so close to US (I know it may be not the best argument).

Can anyone tell me if Iphone's tomtom supports traffic in Toronto before I purchase the addon? Thanks.

Welcome to TTF.

While rds-tmc traffic in the gps device is supported in Toronto via Clear Channel, LIVE Services (including traffic) is not available in Canada.

That said, not having either the phone or the TT app, I don't know what kind of traffic is offered using the app. Others will pop in here, I'm sure, with helpful information (which I don't have for you, sorry.......... :eek: )

Since TomTom has information about traffic which is only (for some reason) broadcasted by clear channel, i don't see a reason why it is not allowed accessing the same information via internet from iphone (since my iphone has internel access).

I am still interested to know how can I enable traffic for Tomtom in iphone because I want to get to the job faster in the morning, considering traffic jams on various roads.

If it is not possible to have traffic addon, could you recommend me any other GPS navigator for iphone which has traffic support? (I don't want to buy a separate device, since I have Iphone I like having just one device which does everything :)

Thanks.

According to the App store description traffic (USA & Canada version) is available only for the US.

Ask a Question