Took my wifes TomTom One on a flight

TomTom Model(s)
910 and ONE
I didnt get a picture...but Im happy to report that the Delta 757 from Atlanta, Ga to Baltimore, Md was travelling at the speed of 550 MPH!

My only complaint was that when I would zoom out to view a larger area, it would go back to the close up zoomed in view after about 15 to 20 seconds.... It was cool watching the streets zoom by!:p

You can also watch your progress by switching to 'Browse map'. You can set your own zoom level and it will stay that way.

Wowzers! 550?!?! Thats pretty darn fast. I've put my XL in that mode where you see your exact lat and longitude and speed but only seen it while driving. I think it would be pretty cool to track in a plane.

My only complaint was that when I would zoom out to view a larger area, it would go back to the close up zoomed in view after about 15 to 20 seconds.... It was cool watching the streets zoom by!:p

That is because you were watching from the main route screen. The newer software will allow you to disable the auto-zooming. My old 700 wouldn't allow me to disable it.

Alternatively, view it from the "browse map" screen. It won't auto zoom, but you won't see the status bar, either.

Ask a Question