too many poi's=slow down?

Just wondering if enabling alot of poi's in the nav6 for palm will slow down the program at all on a Treo? I have like 25-30 or so enabled.

Anyone got any tips on how to get faster screen refreshes? Ive already formatted my card correctly too.

Just wondering if enabling alot of poi's in the nav6 for palm will slow down the program at all on a Treo? I have like 25-30 or so enabled.

Anyone got any tips on how to get faster screen refreshes? Ive already formatted my card correctly too.

Certainly on TomTom units, the more poi's set to show, the slower the screen refresh and the more noticeable the lag is. Wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened on a treo.

The refresh rate is a function of the cpu speed of the unit's processor.

Yeah

I just experimented and unchecked all my poi's and the refresh rate went back to about 2 screen refreshes a second. compared to 1 refresh every second with about 20 poi's enabled.

*Conclusion*

Don't enable poi's you do not need at the moment.

*Conclusion

As far as cpu speed the Treos run at 312mhz. There are overclocking programs though and they can be overclocked to over 500mhz reliably. I myself run my more labor intensive apps to about 552mhz safely. TomTom Nav along with image viewers etc. Anything that cound benifit from overclocking.

On a side note what do the standard tomtom units run at as far as processor speed?

Ask a Question