Too Many POIs Will slow the 730?

Does anyone have an opinion about whether enabling many POIs will slow down the unit? I've read someone's post that it does. It would be great if it doesn't but i can see how less information on the screen can mean the processor has to deal with less data and thus can give faster updates of the screen. Does this make sense?

On that note if it is true that more POIs displayed on the screen will slow the unit down then i'll disable the POI showing up but still keep POIs only for navigating to......

Yes, enabling too many poi categories will definitely slow down the system (besides cluttering the screen IMHO). Best to show only those you really need.

Does anyone have an opinion about whether enabling many POIs will slow down the unit? I've read someone's post that it does. It would be great if it doesn't but i can see how less information on the screen can mean the processor has to deal with less data and thus can give faster updates of the screen. Does this make sense?

On that note if it is true that more POIs displayed on the screen will slow the unit down then i'll disable the POI showing up but still keep POIs only for navigating to......

try not to use more then 3-4 POI's

Yes, enable too many POIs will slow down your unit.
Yes, you can store as many as POIs you want to. Just display whenever you need.

Ask a Question