Too many map(8.25) errors in Sunnyvale, California, United States

Discussion in 'Maps and Routing' started by gaore, Mar 22, 2009.

1. gaore

gaore

One month ago, I went to Sunnyvale Best Buy. Tomtom 720 led me to a single house.

Yesterday, I went to a address in Sunnyvale. It says "Arrived" on lawrence express way.

TomTom 720, new 8.25 map, 8.302 firmware.

gaore, Mar 22, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. gaore

gaore

By the way, I can not find "N Lawrence expressway", only "Lawrence expressway".

gaore, Mar 22, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. gaore

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720 GO 740 GO1535 GO1605 VIA1535 GO 600
    I've been led to a store manager's house, but not for a truly major chain like Best Buy ... it was a Panera Bread 'business' address - evidently the home of the franchise owner culled from a full list of addresses for that chain.

As to the latter, there's a very good chance that your TomTom did what all of these devices do .. tried to put you as close as possible to a location ON a street. There's some chance that the Lawrence Expwy point was actually the closest point on-road to your destination. Your TomTom is not familiar with the layout of most parking lots.

I'd be curious to know the specifics of your search in both cases to see how they might be explained.

canderson, Mar 23, 2009
  4. gaore

drledger

TomTom Model(s):
    930T and XXL
    The units do some strange things at times. Some can be explained and some not. I am always amused when I am delayed on an overpass and tt cannot determine on which level I actually am sitting. :confused:
    I get the 'straight' duh left at exit....turn around as soon as possible....... I think an "I am lost" possibility is not programmed into the units.:)

drledger, Mar 24, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question