Too Too many models to choose from

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gilbert Collins, May 24, 2017.

1. Gilbert Collins

Gilbert Collins

TomTom Model(s):
    Tom Tom 1
    Hello

This is my first time on the forum. I have a very old "Tom Tom 1" and I really like it. But, I think it is time to look at some of the new technologies. I would like to stick with Tom Tom but I am dismayed at the choice of models and I get tired of reading endlessly the same features over and over again. Sure, I could just get the most expensive model but what would that prove?

I thought the Tom Tom One was great so I'm sure any of the newer models will be pretty good. Any recommendations? The old Tom Tom that I had was around $200, but like I said that was years ago. I know prices have fallen a lot and the competing "Garmen" models are all the highest rated on Consumer Reports.

Help?

Sincerely,

G. Colliins
    Ottawa

Gilbert Collins, May 24, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Gilbert Collins

Arno Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    930; GO 620; Start 63
    First off you should decide if you want a 5" or 6" diagonal screen.
    The smaller models with the older interface will still be around for several years but I would opt for the "GO" models 3/4 page down here
    https://www.tomtom.com/en_ca/drive/car/

If constant traffic updates are important for you I would opt for the 50/60S models but be aware that the live traffic information is coming from the Data plan of your cell phone.

Arno, May 24, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question