Too many choices, HELP

I am replacing my daughter's hated Nuvi for Christmas. I know what she wants, but can't figure out what has it, and then which to get.

Required features:
Lifetime Traffic and Maps
Line guidance
Safety camera
4.3" screen preferred (5 ok, 3.5 too small)
Prefer verbal traffic warning

I missed out on black friday trying to figure out the models with these features, and now losing out on cyber monday...

THANKS FOR YOUR SAGE ADVICE!

The following fit the parameters you described and can be recommended:

XL335TM, XL340TM, XXL540TM, XL550TM, GO740TM Live

If you focus in on those, I think you'll get what you're after.

Swear I'd heard something about the traffic camera not being "announced" on the current firmware of the 335. Perhaps someone can chime in on that.

I'll have some more details for you in a moment.

Differences of note...

XL335TM:
4.3" screen
Autozoom can't be disabled

XL340TM:
4.3" screen
Autozoom can't be disabled in 3D, can for 2D

XXL540TM:
5.0" screen

XL550TM:
5.0" screen

GO740TM Live:
4.3" screen
Faster processor - calculates routes more quickly
Autozoom can be controlled separately for 2D and 3D views
Has slot for microSD card if you need to add additional non-US maps, other voices, etc.
Live Services (incl better traffic data) $$$
Bluetooth handsfree for most phones
Voice commands

Is voice control needed to say detour? Is traffic data required to be informed of a road closure?

The TT advisor lists this group as identical with the exception of screen size, and the LIVE TT. Is there a better site to do a direct comparison of features?

Is voice control needed to say detour?
To SAY detour, yes, of course. But you can manually opt to come up with a different route as well. I rarely use the voice commands on my 740.

Is traffic data required to be informed of a road closure?
Yes. All of these models have traffic in one form or another. The "lifetime traffic" is the same for all of these models - it uses an RDS-TMC receiver to pick up traffic data. That doesn't cover as many roads as the "Live" traffic would on the 740, nor is it usually as current, but it does work.

The TT advisor lists this group as identical with the exception of screen size, and the LIVE TT. Is there a better site to do a direct comparison of features?
We offer our own matrix here -> https://www.tomtomforums.com/general-tomtom-discussion/21826-tomtom-model-feature-reference.html

TomTom's selector tool is here -> TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - TomTom Product Advisor

The XXL540TM can be had for about $129.00 on amazon.com (US)

XL 335SE vs XL 350

I am looking at getting one these

Need to know waht might B the better one

Can someone here please tell me what is different or a bonus between the two

Thanks for any input inadvance

Ask a Question