TomTom XLIQ help please

I'm after some help with my TomTom XLIQ.

I havent used it for a couple of months and was ok when I switched it on apart from not seeing any satellites because I was indoors. I thought I would plug it into the PC to see if there were any updates etc and it started to go wrong.

It connected ok, launched the software ok then when I went to update it I got this error:
I have this app already on my drive C so why would it need to install that again anyway?
tt.jpg

tt2.jpg

Since it failed I disconnected the unit and it failed to do anything. I tried to reset it and got as far as what I would call a sort of Bios looking Dos screen but it didn't go any further.

I have tried a few times to boot it but the same things happened again.

If I do a normal five second start it gets as far as the TomTom hands log but then freezes.

Help me please!

Thanks

Are you saying you ARE running the latest version of Home? Try uninstalling and reinstalling. See if that makes a difference.

With your unit, are you getting the freezing when trying to run the emulator (Operate My Unit) in home or when the unit is on its own?

Thanks for the fast reply.

No I havent got the latest version, the Home app told me that there was that upgrade and wouldnt let me doing anything till I updated it. I tried to then got the install error.
If I uninstall the TomTom app where do I get it from again?

The unit was ok apart from needing a charge, was working fine till I plugged it into the PC.

Get Home from here. The download is free, of course.

If using a pc, you may want to go to the Control Panel-->Add/'Remove Programs and scroll down to remove your existing Home application first.

Thanks guys, that looks like it worked ok.
I was worried about ditching the application as I couldnt find it anywhere.
TomTom started up just fine now

Thanks

Ask a Question