TOMTOM XL IQR Frozen

I confuse myself quite often too :confused:

What I was trying to say (for the benefit of the people like me) is when I was re-installing the Navcore Application to my device/unit,because I had only previously deleted the loose files from my device/unit and not the folders, I had duplicate folders? Namely :-

bin,cp,gns,licences,LoquendoTTS,script and TomTom-Cgf

Therefore WinRar asked if I wanted to replace/overwrite these folders, I selected the YES TO ALL option. It wont ask for the loose files because they are not there, so it will automatically install the loose files. This may be obvious to 99% of people reading this but that 1% missing (me) will benefit from this explanation I'm sure.

I hope that is more clear :)

Also I have a question that maybe the 1% of people out there like me may also like to know the answer to?

How do you copy and paste a photo on to a post of say the folders and files that show when you select a local disc in Explorer. To try and be a bit clearer. When I have been asked what Folders/Files do I have on my device/unit. To save me typing them all out and confusing people (sorry Andy_P) I and anybody else reading this thread could do the same as what Andy_P has done previously in this thread :)

This is one of the reasons why I have asked this question. I could post what exactly is on my device before I give it to Andy_P to mess about with. So he will know whats what and if there is anything missing i.e Maps :)

Last edited:
How do you copy and paste a photo on to a post of say the folders and files that show when you select a local disc in Explorer. To try and be a bit clearer. When I have been asked what Folders/Files do I have on my device/unit. To save me typing them all out and confusing people (sorry Andy_P) I and anybody else reading this thread could do the same as what Andy_P has done previously in this thread

This is one of the reasons why I have asked this question. I could post what exactly is on my device before I give it to Andy_P to mess about with. So he will know whats what and if there is anything missing i.e Maps

Look at the bottom of this post for instructions for attachments.

If you have problems with that, send me an eMail at (e-mail address removed) as I do not want to post larger computer screen prints here but don't mind sending them directly.

How do you copy and paste a photo on to a post of say the folders and files that show when you select a local disc in Explorer.

To MAKE the screen grab you can just hit the "PrtScr" key on your PC keyboard (top right somewhere). That copies the screen to the clipboard and you can paste it into Word or any "paint" program, from where you can "crop" it, and resize it to your taste.
Try to keep it below 640 pixels wide for use in forums.

Alternatively there are loads of free screen grabber utilities which allow you to do clever things like just grab a small section of the screen, change the size, and to add notes to it etc.
The one I use is from here: http://www.fiastarta.com/PrtScr/index.html, I like it, but as I say there are hundreds of others out there on the web.

----------

To POST the pic to a forum topic you first need to save it as a .jpg or .png format image. Any "Paint" program should be able to do that (but I don't think you can from Word).

Once you have the picture saved on your PC, you can either follow Arno's instructions (but I find you need to add at least 11 characters before it will let you preview) or just click on "go advanced" and then click on the "paperclip" icon at the top of the post composition window, then follow the instructions to upload the pic to the forum.

Once you have the picture saved on your PC, you can either follow Arno's instructions (but I find you need to add at least 11 characters before it will let you preview)
You are right, Andy.
In this forum the barest minimum is 10 characters.

Thanks gents,

I,ve been playing about with both suggestions.

Andy here is a picture of what is on my device/unit now.

TOMTOM (G).jpg

Not sure if this has worked :)

It all looks ok I think

Ask a Question