TomTom Xl 330 high pitch sound when turned on?

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL 330
I just got a TomTom Xl 330, after returning my TomTom One 130. I have noticed that there is a high pitch sound coming out from inside the unit when turned on. Is this normal? I ask because I cannot return it anymore since I am past my return date now, which leaves TomTom to be my last resort, and I do not feel like sending the unit in for repair if this high pitch noise i hear (when everything else is quite, i doubt ill hear it on the road) may be normal. But, if it isn't I'm willing to send it in and wait for it to get repaired if need be. Just wanted to ask before I give TomTom customer support a call.

Edit: I have also encountered another thing that may be wrong with my Xl 330. When changing the volume to 100%, and the speaker then says VERY loud "You have reached your destination", the screen flickers for the whole period of the voice saying that sentence. I have noticed this happens when the voice volume is set from 75% to up to 100%. 100% makes the worst flicker effect. What may be wrong with my TomTom XL? :( :( :(

Last edited:
Thank you. Yes, it seems the flickering was due to the battery being low. It does not flicker at at all now that the battery is fully charged.

Edit: I was able to return my Xl for a new one so all is well now :)

Is your battery fully charged?

Last edited:

Ask a Question