TOMTOM won't lock onto my position.

Hey guys,

I'm using a TT1 and its been working fine for a long time. Now for some reason it has trouble locking me to a road. Sometimes it will say im 4 streets away or im in the middle of no where. I have signal strength, but it just won't lock onto me. Its very frustrating as it keeps trying to get me back on the road im already on. Ive had all recent updates/gps fixes. Thanks for any help!

Lou

Are you perhaps in an area with tall buildings or similar?

And also try a reset on the unit.

You are not alone

I am also having the same problem with my GO720. It will show me in the wrong street and driving in the paddocks along a highway, up to 200 metres from the actual road. This has just happened in the last few weeks, and I also get all the new updates. Could it be the updates? There are no trees no tall buildings to interfere with the sat lock. I have contacted Tom tom and they have run out of sugestions and recommend sending for repair (out of warranty). All software has been reloaded after a format of the drive (2 times, downloaded from TomTom) but no impovement has been acheived. Just about to bin it and buy a cheap unit for the price of TomTom maps, at least when it craps out you just bin it and get another at minimal cost.

I am also having the same problem with my GO720.
How many good (blue) satellites are you seeing when this happens?
You didn't by any chance add new window tint lately, did you?

it could be a bad quickgps file. delete the ephem folder on your tomtom and see if it helps.

Ask a Question