TomTom Website down.

Hello,

I am in Australia and have been unable to access the TomTom website for over five weeks.
I am unable to update my maps through TomTom Home or even bring the site up with a web browser.

Is anyone else aware of the problem? Or does anyone have a solution?

Do you have a software or hardware or software firewall such as Zone Alarm where, perhaps the TT site is listed as a restricted site?

If you click here, can you get to it??

Do you have a software or hardware or software firewall such as Zone Alarm where, perhaps the TT site is listed as a restricted site?

If you click here, can you get to it??

There has not been either a software or a hardware change in over 3 months on my system.
When attempting to access the website I receive the following error

DNS error - cannot find server

nslookup also reports unable to find host.

Ping reports host not found.

Firewall blacklists usually report that site access is restricted. TomTom site is not in the restricted list.

Prior to five weeks ago, I had no problem accessing the site or updating my TomTom.

Also tried to access the site from my work with the same results.

Try changing your dns servers to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. It sounds like you're having DNS issues.

Try changing your dns servers to 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. It sounds like you're having DNS issues.

Well spotted Dervari,

It was a DNS issue. My router was configured as a dhcp client and was receiving my ISP's DNS servers IP. When I switched to manual and entered the DNS server addresses that you recommended, the problem was instantly solved.

On the funny side, when I rang my ISP and informed them of the problem, it took their Tech Team 45 minutes before they finally agreed that the issue rested with them.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and a special thanks to Dervari for the solution.

Ask a Question