TomTom VS Tyre to Travel

TomTom Model(s)
Start 60
I recently bought a new TomTom. 6inch Start model I think it was.
To my surprice it turned out that I can not transfer my routs from Tyre to the TomTom, so I returned it.
Can anyone tell me whitch modells support this, or what I have to look for in the specifications?

The only units that support the *.itn file format generated by Tyre are the older 'Nav2' units. Like you, were were unhappy that TomTom chose to discontinue this functionality on new units beginning in 2011.

Have you owned a TomTom before? I'm guessing that your familiarity with Tyre indicates you owned one of the older Nav2 units and were using Tyre to create itineraries before.

At present, Nav2 units are only available from sources that sell used gear. You did not specify a location in your profile, but I took a peek and note that you are from Norway. My personal favorite for Europe from the previous era would be the GO940, although I have also heard very good things about the 950. Both are well-featured, and would include *.itn support.

Canderson
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have an older model, think its called Go, and it has this feature. I am planning a trip to the Alps this summer in my Miata.
You know, half the fun is planning and playing with Tyre (Wonderful Program). I wanted a bigger screen, but my dissapointment was big when I discovered it wasn't possible to transfer data. Do you know if Garmin models still have it?
Regards
Per

I'm not familiar with current Garmin abilities. I do know that where it manages waypoints, it does so in *.gpx format, but I believe Tyre still supports this as well.

If you're after a large screen ... For a larger format 5" screen the XXL540 is a very decent choice, and was the last of the non-Live Nav2 devices that many of us recommended. I believe it is called the XXL IQRoutes in Europe.

Ask a Question