Tomtom Setup

Greetings! Hopefully you helpful folks can help me...I just bought a tomtom one (4N00.004) through ebay for my FATHER...I think I got shafted on THE deal. I am missing the SD map card, and all I get is the startup screen.

Can a new SD card be used? Can i somehow find the product code and get another?

Any/all help appreciated.

I love ebay, but sometimes....grrrrrrrrrrrr.....

thanks!

Eddie

SD card

You didn't mention what TomTom you purchased. Some devices like the New Edition have an SD slot but it isn't really needed for the device to work. The LE edition has a built in card. You can purchase an SD card (which you will have to do as you upgrade to newer maps since they will not fit on the built in devices memory card).

You can simply copy all the files from your device to the SD card and it should work fine. Use MS Explorer to copy the files.

You don't need an SD card for this unit to function. Everything that you need should be on the internal memory.

So if the unit hangs at the startup screen, I would try a reset with a paperclip in the reset hole on the bottom.

Ask a Question