TomTom Reviews

Where did you get the hard mount? Is there a part number?

I saw where the new 2014 TT Go series is coming to the U.S. soon. I'll be interested in looking at it, particularly the 500 series. Any thoughts on it?

The hard mounts used to be orderable from the TomTom site, but there's a number of 3rd party outfits (aka Brodit) selling all kinds of alternative mounts).

As for the "2014 TT Go series", I've been watching this very closely. Honestly -- it all depends upon how you use these units. MANY features one might have grown to know and love (and NEED!) from the older models are missing from this new generation of devices. Some of my own pet peeves include no custom POI installation, inability to view a text list of the current route, and following on that last one, no ability to 'Avoid' part of an existing route, or for that matter, a roadblock that was unanticipated in the map or traffic data. I also despise the way the information is presented on the main driving map -- poor use of fonts, color and lack of information that require more time looking at the screen to get the info you need, assuming it's there at all. It's a much longer list than that, but you get the idea.

Honestly, I'm not very impressed so far, and would find it difficult to see reasons for most users not to prefer earlier models.

Ask a Question