TomTom PLUS Services and Blackberry 8700!

Welp, good new folks. There is now an upgrade available for the Blackberry 8700 (OS 4.2) that now allows you to pair the Blackberry 8700 and your TomTom to get Traffic. Here is a thread on the Blackberry forum about it.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gen...sion/72682-4-2-software-8700-finally-out.html

Bad news for me is the software upgrade wasn't put out by Cingular, it was put out by RIM (the maker of the Blackberry) and my IT department doesn't want me to do the OS upgrade until Cingular releases it. ARGH! So even though I bought my 8700 and I pay my monthly bill, they tell me "they won't support the upgrade if it is not done through Cingular".

My only hope is that Cingular comes out with the upgrade. It is the same software that is running in the 8100 (Pearl) and the new 8800....in which both work with the TomTom for PLUS Services.

Ask a Question