TomTom One Plus Services w/ Sprint Data Plan

I'm getting a TT One and a new Sprint plan soon. Just wondering if theres any specific phones (non PDA) that'll work with Plus. TomTom doesn't seem to make it easy.

Hello and welcome. Im not familiar with the Sprint phones having access.
Im sure others can chime in.

Thanks for the welcome. I've had TomTom products before and this forum would have been a great help for me then. I'm glad I found it.

They list a single Verizon CDMA phone on the website but I thought Verizon crippled bluetooth data except with a PDA plan.

They also list specific T-Mobile and Cingular phones. I would think if you could set your phone up to tether with a pc it should work with the TomTom.

The website gives no specifics regarding the setup parameters are. This has to have something to do with their European heritage I guess but the US location should be testing these phones for compatibility.

I wish they had that new 715 coming to the US it has a gsm chip and cell modem in it and that eliminates the customer being responsible for making the feature work. Thats similar to the Dash product in concept.

I really want traffic info and I don't want to buy this and find out when its too late to return it that I can't make this advertised feature work. It is on their US website.

I have several sources for traffic maps on my cell and even traffic cameras but I don't need to be playing with my cell web browser in traffic.

I have a sprint phone (A900) and have been able to successfully connect it to the TT1 plus data services in the past. Check this thread https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=238 as well as the sprintusers.com forum link from within that thread. The only caveat is that you will need sprints "phone-as-modem" service in addition to your regular phone/data plan as well (something like $50/mo).

Ask a Question