Blackberry and tomtom PLUS services

I'm trying to configure the data connection between my blackberry 8700g and tomtom go 720.

bluetooth works fine (i.e. handsfree speaker etc), but when it comes to configuring the data connection 'for the 'plus' services), tomtom doesn't like it.
the problem seems to be that my tomtom insists on putting in an APN, which I don't use since my internet traffic on the blackberry gets routed through BES.
The default APN for my mobile network also doesn't work.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

oh yes of course, but without knowing your country, cellphone provider and so on much needed info IDK we could help you. Anyways in my case , Toronto with Rogers and a Samsung t609 all I had to do was call my cellphone provider and ask them to unblock/give me full access to the internet through my cellphone. you could either use pay as u go or a data plan but make sure you ask them to give you full internet access. I left the settings on the 720 as they were by default.

oh yes of course, but without knowing your country, cellphone provider and so on much needed info IDK we could help you. Anyways in my case , Toronto with Rogers and a Samsung t609 all I had to do was call my cellphone provider and ask them to unblock/give me full access to the internet through my cellphone. you could either use pay as u go or a data plan but make sure you ask them to give you full internet access. I left the settings on the 720 as they were by default.

I thought the question was general enough that it didn't need to provide any specific details - basically the question here is if I use BES for internet, can I use BES for servicing tomtom traffic as well, and how do I do it?

I don't want to have to get a separate data plan from my provider, since I'd have to pick up the cost probably. If I manage to get it done through BES, my company gives me unlimited access through their BES.

Right now I'm working without any APN set up, and google maps and opera mini seems to work fine through BES, so I'm wondering if tomtomt could use BES as well, rather than provider's APN.
provider: telstra
telstra's defaul APN: telstra.internet
manual settings I've been using: login script 1, "IP", "telstra.internet" and *93# as the dialup string

Ask a Question