TomTom One Plus Services Working with Palm Treo 750

Somehow I got a TomTom One v.2 Plus Services Working over Bluetooth with Palm Treo 750 running AT&T's Media Works data package (i.e. wap.cingular). I tried for a couple hours yesterday with no luck and called CS today. The CSR stated that there is a security issue that prevents the Plus services from working with the Treo 750. Of course, I kept trying anyway, failed a few times, and when I finally gave up, it just started working.

The TT One is setup with phone as "other," carrier is Cingular (Media Works). I had started playing with the dial string settings to try to get it to work (tried changing the defualt, *9***1#, to **9***1# and *99#) and this did not work. I changed the dial string settings back to the default and was going to try one more thing that I had read that said not to use the username ([email protected]) and password (cingular1). Before I got a chance to try this, it just started working. I cannot explain why it works. Now that it is connected, I can see no way to edit the settings to see how they are currently set.

Thx

Thanks for the great post. I just upgraded my TT1 2ed to the 7.x verison of the software and paired it with very little effort to my Treo 750. I am able to connect to the Plus Services, but Traffic still gripes that I am not subscribed. It looks like I am going to have to call TT support and get them to reset my account.

The same thing happened to me about 6 months ago.

Thanks for the great post. I just upgraded my TT1 2ed to the 7.x verison of the software and paired it with very little effort to my Treo 750. I am able to connect to the Plus Services, but Traffic still gripes that I am not subscribed. It looks like I am going to have to call TT support and get them to reset my account.

The same thing happened to me about 6 months ago.

I'm curious, what phone and service provider did you choose on the TT? Is your Treo from AT&T/Cingular?

Yes I have the Treo 750 from Cingular/AT&T. As of yet the Bluetooth seems stable between the 2.

Thanks for answering. One other thing that is somewhat related. Did you buy the traffic service or were you referring to your trial subscription? If you bought a subscription and you are located in the U.S., can you tell if I am correct in assuming that the subscription costs like ?50 to ?60 which translates into $100 to $120 U.S? (TomTom support could not answer this question believe it or not.) If so, this seems ridiculously expensive relative to the competition. So much so that if it is true, I am probably going to return my device before the 14 day return period is up. Also, using the same exchange rates, I calculate map updates to cost between $200 to $220 U.S. which, again, is ridiculous in my opinion.

Ask a Question