Blackberry 8100 TomTom Plus Services

Hi,

I?ve got a TomTom Go 720 and a Blackberry 8100 on T-Mobile UK. Have an unlimited data plan and have successfully paired for Handsfree calling. I?ve got the 4.2.1.66 OS for the Blackberry having followed the advice here and on other forums but I cannot get the wizard past 65%!!

Has anyone managed to get this working yet? Any advice/help would be gratefully received.

Joel

And just to add something to this, a colleague in my organisation (same phone, same network, same BES etc) can get the Plus services through his TomTom One XL! What's this about then?

Hi,

I’ve got a TomTom Go 720 and a Blackberry 8100 on T-Mobile UK. Have an unlimited data plan and have successfully paired for Handsfree calling. I’ve got the 4.2.1.66 OS for the Blackberry having followed the advice here and on other forums but I cannot get the wizard past 65%!!

Has anyone managed to get this working yet? Any advice/help would be gratefully received.

Joel
Joel, I have a Blackberry and a GO720 and although it finds the bluetooth ok it then comes up with an error when checking the BB. Any suggestions? By the way mine is a 8800.
Thanks
Larryb227

Hi Larry,

Do you mean it pairs for handsfree and downloads the address book but just when you try to get it to connect to Plus services you have the issue? This is the issue I have.

It has been successfully paired with Bell here in Canada. Have you tried doing everything manually?

Nathan...

Hi Nathan,

Missed this one, if you mean on the tomtom the answer is yes, is this what you meant? What steps did you take to get it to work with Plus services?

Thanks,

Joel

Last edited:
Hi,

I?ve got a TomTom Go 720 and a Blackberry 8100 on T-Mobile UK. Have an unlimited data plan and have successfully paired for Handsfree calling. I?ve got the 4.2.1.66 OS for the Blackberry having followed the advice here and on other forums but I cannot get the wizard past 65%!!

Joel

Joel, I finally got mine to work as is expected and found it to be I needed to have the 8800 screen visable as it too would go to 60 % and stop. I found that the 8800 was asking me a question and when I did not answer it stopped the process.
Hope that helps you.

Hi Larry,

thanks for the reply, glad it worked for you but that doesn't appear to be my problem!

Still struggling....

Hi thanks for this. I followed these instructions already and have still got the same issue, is there a chance that the firmware won't have fully installed correctly and i need to do it again?

It could be an issue with your service provider. For mine, I had to subscribe to a "tethering" service plan which allows you to use your phone to access the internet from your laptop via bluetooth/USB and also allows you TomTom to access the data services via the internet. I suggest you contact your mobile serivce provider and ask them about any restrictions on the data connectivity via bluetooth.

ypu might also first check out this thread https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=3487&highlight=8100

Last edited:

Ask a Question