TomTom One XL

I'm surprised there haven't been more comments on this... it was announced today. Read about it here.

Looks very cool to me and I can't wait to see one up close. Interesting, doesn't seem to have an SD card slot.

The second photo down on the linked site where it's on its back next to the car keys looks like it has a card slot, a round connector, and the usb connection.....

The second photo down on the linked site where it's on its back next to the car keys looks like it has a card slot, a round connector, and the usb connection.....

Yup, it's pretty much the same device as it's predecessors except the wide screen, I believe the chip has also changed, and the indicator light looks like it has moved from the top to the bottom left of the face.

The ONE really has become TT's iPod, many many versions of the device. :D

those initial images almost make it look as thin as an iPod... that would make pocketability much better than an XL with the existing form factor.

very tempting to upgrade.... will have to see in store first.

and why, oh why, TomTom didn't you put in a longer lasting battery??

I'm also considering upgrading to this, but I'm with you... I need to see it first. I'm glad it has an SD card slot, because I would definitely want to put the NA maps on it instead of the USA/Canada.

Can't wait to see this in person! I read somewhere that it's not coming until June.... boo!

Ok, the rage seems to be wide screens. But do I really care what's way off to the side?

I'd rather be able to see much further down the road. So I vote for the ability to rotate the unit and the maps 90 degrees to make it 'tall' instead of 'wide'.

I wish they had a firmwire where there is an option to set the info space to the side so we can see more of the road like this.
244.jpg

I'm also considering upgrading to this, but I'm with you... I need to see it first. I'm glad it has an SD card slot, because I would definitely want to put the NA maps on it instead of the USA/Canada.

Can't wait to see this in person! I read somewhere that it's not coming until June.... boo!

preorder via Amazon.com... available May 15th...

http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Extra-wide-Screen-Navigation-System/dp/B000PCBVA6/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-6803662-1868050?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1177346764&sr=8-1

specs say that the XL is compatible with an FM traffic receiver... is this also true for the ONE v2? I'd be interested in using the FM service, vs. having to pay for a data plan.

Its compatible with the TMC traffice receiver not FM.
currently the TMC only works in Europe. German vendors are offering their ONE XLs with the TMC receiver for Free. Of course this only benefits the Europeans. Well they will say it won't benefit them, because the reciever doesn't work well.

Ask a Question