TomTom One XL

SCOOP! Nice find Trey.

The picture though implies a thinner design compared to the one shown here.

Also, it doesn't mention the chip its using (SiRF or Hammerhead) as well as having TTS (hoping much?..heh).

Nice find! Based on that info provided on Crutchfield, I'm guessing this is literally just a bigger version of the ONE. Looks like no TTS and no bluetooth for phone calls, just for PLUS services. Looks interesting, nonetheless! And nice price too!

I am also wondering if it is actually sold out, I'm thinking that it's just a place holder till the device is readily available to consumers.

There is also something else I noticed that I didn't before from the pictures I link to in the above post. I don't see a SiRF logo on the bottom. Perhaps it's using the hammerhead chip?? or just not enough space to place it in?? Just something to ponder.

nice find!

It does look ridiculously thin and it's using the new 4.3" screen that also showed up on Sony's new PND. Too bad it's still rated at 2 hour battery life.

Lastly, noticed how it says SD card slot (support up to 2GB)

Yeah, and it's been confirmed by users here that a 4g card works, I wouldn't put too much into that. But the sirf chip vs global will be interesting! And it does look thinner than the original pics that leaked out weeks ago. I too seriously doubt Crutchfield has "sold out".... they are simply awaiting stock to ship. I can't wait to see one/read a review!

It does look very nice, size-wise. If only it has TTS and bluetooth for phone calls, it might be the perfect unit! :)

is this the first time anyone has seen/heard of this unit?

the screen size is nice I guess, but it also makes carrying the unit more cumbersome.

is this the first time anyone has seen/heard of this unit?

the screen size is nice I guess, but it also makes carrying the unit more cumbersome.

Rumours and pictures of the unit slipped out on the web way before this posting. However, this post is the first I've seen a retail store (online and brick & motor) have an ad for the ONE XL for sale with a price point.

I do question the online stores pic as a bit misleading. It contradicts the pictures taken of a real device claiming to be the ONE XL.

I'm surprised there haven't been more comments on this... it was announced today. Read about it here.

Looks very cool to me and I can't wait to see one up close. Interesting, doesn't seem to have an SD card slot.

Yep, basically. Minus the SD card. I may buy one, but I want to see it first up close and read a few reviews. Wonder if it has Sirf III or the Globallocate chip? I also see it comes loaded with USA/Canada. So how much internal memory does it have? Is it a hard drive like the 910? Can I get North America maps on it? So many questions.... so few answers. :D

well it's basically a widescreen version of the ONE =).

That's true but it looks so nice LOL

Yep, basically. Minus the SD card. I may buy one, but I want to see it first up close and read a few reviews. Wonder if it has Sirf III or the Globallocate chip? I also see it comes loaded with USA/Canada. So how much internal memory does it have? Is it a hard drive like the 910? Can I get North America maps on it? So many questions.... so few answers. :D

I was looking at the TT site and it doesn't say didly about the type of chip. I am assuming its the Globallocate chip.

I think that's a pretty safe assumption about the chip. But no SD card, I didn't expect that!

Ask a Question