TomTom One XL SD Card not recognised

Hi, quick question: My tomtom one xl is not recognising the memory card. It was working fine earlier, but now when I insert the memory card in, the display of the device shows the visual of a memory card coming out of its slot and puts two red crosses on the card. If it helps, when I take the memory card out, the device shows a slightly different display (this time showing a memory card inserting in the slot, but no red crosses). Also, when I connect the device to my computer tomtom home does not recogise any device being connected (with or without the memory card).
Am not sure if it is a software or hardware problem but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Couple of questions. The ONE XL came in several flavors, and in the UK, they even had a "regional" version. Were you ever able to operate your unit without an SD card installed - in other words, does your device have 'internal' memory as well?

Next, have you ever done a backup of the contents of the card?

Canderson,
I am not sure about the first question - as I have never tried it. But I would doubt it as mine is a very basic model.
I have never done a card back up.
Thanks for your help.

Let me try it this way - was it ever possible to operate your unit without the SD card installed, and was your SD card added after purchase?

SD card came with the device, and so following on from that, I think the device may not have internal memory.

Ugh. In such a case, your entire system is on the card -- application, maps and all.

Do you have access to an SD card reader for your PC? What we REALLY need to do is to back up any map folders that are still resident on the SD card. If we can just secure your map data, the rest can be reloaded from TomTom.

Should also ask - did you have maps other than UK/ROI on your device?

Ask a Question