TomTom One memory card

Supposedly a 4 gb sd (not sdhc) card if you can find one.

That said, I suspect your model is one of the EOL (End of Life) models that TomTom will no longer support with map or any other updates.

Here is a partial list (check your serial number:

GO 300 (M1)
GO 500 (M3)
GO 510 / GO 710 (V5)
GO 520 (M2/M4)
GO 530 (J1/J2)
ONE 3rd Edition (Y1/Y3/Y5/Y8)
GO 715 (M7)
GO 730 (J3)
GO 750 (W8)
GO CLASSIC (B1)
ONE 1st Edition (G1/G2)
ONE 2nd Edition (E1/Z1/Z2/Z3)
GO 550 LIVE (W3)
ONE XL HD TRAFFIC (F3)
ONE 125 (PA/PE/PH/PN/PV/PP)
START (XA/XC)
XL 30 Series (RH/RO/RQ)
XL IQ Routes ² / XL Classic (GG)
GO 540 (WT)
ONE XL (L2/L3/L4/L7/L9)
ONE 30 Series / ONE 125 (PB)
ONE XL (L1)
ONE 3rd Edition (Y4, Y2, Y7)
ONE 2nd Edition (E2)
XL IQR2 / XL Classic / XL 250 (GH)
XL 30 Series / XL 325 (RB, RM)

Thank you dhn for your reply. The reason I keep my tomtom one is that I loaded a third party softweare that
shows me my altitude When I travel. My tomtom via1500 cannot do this. Maybe at a later date there will
be a software change that will allow an altitude reading.

If your ONE is using firmware of a version at least as high as 8.302 (depending upon WHICH of the many ONE units, you could/should be at 9.0XX somewhere), then you will be able to successfully read/write from a 4GB or perhaps even higher GB card (have never had occasion to stuff more than 4GB into one).

Thank all of you for your replies. Now another question Does anyone know where I can find
a 4 gb sd card all I have been able to find is 4 gb sdhc

Thank all of you for your replies. Now another question Does anyone know where I can find
a 4 gb sd card all I have been able to find is 4 gb sdhc
If you happen to find a source, you might help a number of other users if you post that source here. I do not need one myself, so I have not done more than a casual search myself, but I know of no one who has been successful in finding a 2+GB SD card in the last several years.

- Tom -

They were rarer than 2GB from the get-go since technically, there wasn't quite a real spec for 4GB in the original SD (not SDHC) format. And now there are few devices being updated with higher capacity cards since everything has shifted to micro SD.
Hope you have success with the one you were able to snag!

Hello WD40. I got my 4gb sd card and copied the files from my 2 gb card to the 4 gb sd card and as usual Murphy's law
is alive and well in my house. It doesn't work. I get a screen with a picture of a tomtom one and a sd card with a big red X
off to the side. So I gather that my operating system is not compatible with the 4 gb card. On the screen that shows the battery charge
and the number of satellites I show version 7.903.. Is there anything else that I can do to do to try to make the 4gb card work ??

Have you copied EVERYTHING onto the sd card before inserting the card into the device? You would need to.

Hi Guys, I compared every file on the 4gb card with the files on my 2gb card. There are 47 files on each. card. I also checked the
file names and how many kbs in each file. I cannot find anything different on the cards. this has me stumped. any ideas ??.

Silly question but did you make a full format of the new card and check whether HOME recognised it as a card before you copied the data?

Ok Arno I did a full format and then reloaded the 2gb files onto the 4gb card. No dice. Lets think about this for a while.
I have to go outside and shovel snow so I can get out tomorrow. Hate the stuff. Thank you for the idea. I never gave it a thought.

On the screen that shows the battery charge
and the number of satellites I show version 7.903.. Is there anything else that I can do to do to try to make the 4gb card work ??
At version 7.903, it isn't going to work. As I mentioned earlier,
...If your ONE is using firmware of a version at least as high as 8.302...
Prior to that firmware version, a TomTom unit didn't work properly with anything bigger than 2GB.
So we need to get your firmware up to date, if possible, before that card can be read.
If you'll provide the first two characters of your serial number, we'll look it up and see what we can do about updates. Home should have handled it already if an update was available, but if not, we have 'other' measures!

Thank you Mr. Canderson, My serial number is: E15356100183 . It isn't that I do not have another tomtom
I have a VIA 1500 which I use a lot. but this one has the 3rd. party software that allows me to show my altitude when I travel.

@canderson
My GO 930 with OS 8.002 used a 4 GB SDHC card, not microSD.

Matter in fact it still uses it. That's where Customer Service installed the 980 map (after removing the Europe one) as they deterimined that my internal memory is corrupted.

Ask a Question