TomTom One XL - no product ID

I just got a brand new TomTOm ONE XL. After a few issues with udates all is working fine - almost!

I have 2 problems.

1. The promotion code that came with the unit (free safety camera info etc) doesn't work. I have tried to contact support about this, but I can't submit the question without my product ID code. From what I have read, the code is linked to the map. When I check with TT home, it says I haven't bought any maps, although the device correctly reports the 1GB European map installed (pre-installed on the device). IS there another way to identify the Product ID (NOT the device ID, or the Serial number, both of which I have got)?

2. I tried copying the installed map onto a blank, new SD card and inserting it, so that I could "switch" to the map on the Sd card, in the hopes of then being able to identify it. However, when I install the card, I just get the graphic with the card being removed from the slot, then a card with a red X over it. I presume this means it cant read the card - what have I done wrong? I simply copied the map folder from the device into the root of the SD. Is this right?

Sorry if these are noob questions, but I can't find the answers elsewhere.
Brian

1) contact TT Support

2) You have to copy all the internal contents of your TomTom onto the SD card and not just the map in order for your unit to read it.

Ask a Question