TomTom Product registration

TomTom Model(s)
XL 325 SE
Hi,
Well I did get the New XL340 s TomTom a few weeks ago to complement our at the time Unstable but still working XL 325 ES we decided to also keep the 325 SE.. But for the heck of me I don't remember how I registered my unit at the tomtom web site.. Maybe it's done through home but I just can't remember! Going nuts or just getting old I guess.. I had not turned the new 340 on yet do to the new map guarantee do to the fact our 325 SE is working and our other car is not out of storage for winter yet.. So how the heck do we register the unit for warranty online? Thanks! George

Well, in truth, it'll be the date on the receipt for the unit that is the determining thing for warranty purposes.

That said, connect the unit to Home. It sounds as if you'll likely get a message from Home saying it doesn't recognize the unit with any email user_id you've used for a product you have and offer to let you create an email address/password for it.

So, do so but do NOT use an email address you've used for a prior unit. The email address doesn't even have to be a real one, just in the standard format of (e-mail address removed).

dhn,
Thanks for the info!! It's been awhile so I just didn't remember. I have a extra computer that I can install home in and use that computer for our 340 s with a new e mail address..The new 340 s has never been on or locked onto a satellite yet so I was thinking just to keep it off till I need to use it, that way I would still have the 30 map guarantee valid as far as I can see from about how that works. George

dhn,
Thanks for the info!! It's been awhile so I just didn't remember. I have a extra computer that I can install home in and use that computer for our 340 s with a new e mail address..The new 340 s has never been on or locked onto a satellite yet so I was thinking just to keep it off till I need to use it, that way I would still have the 30 map guarantee valid as far as I can see from about how that works. George

Normally that would work, but in the event that the systematic "latest map guarantee" breaks (eg: unit was turned on at the store, or just a software hiccup), you'd have to call support and fax in a receipt to get your map. And with a receipt older than 30 days, support wouldn't give you a map and you'd be out of luck and stuck with the 340's February 2009 preloaded map.

So chances are that you'll have no problem, but it's a gamble you're taking.

Ask a Question