TomTom ONE V3 announced

Do you think like the 720 you'll be able to pick the state first? (eliminating going through all available city/state combinations)

I purchased TomTom One V4 s one week ago!
I have no idea why V3 was just released

It's very confusing and I don't know if we even have the version right anymore. TT has so many variations of the ONE it confuses consumers.

• There was the original ONE (released in Europe)
  • Then the ONE New Edition w/ different variations
    • w/SiRFIII chip (most consider this v2)
    • w/Global Locate and 1GB internal memory (v4?)
  • Next the ONE XL
  • And the ONE 3rd Edition (with NavCore 7 and Map Share)

Not sure why TT has sooo many SKU's for the ONE.

I am running Navcore 7.20 on a One v2 and no, you still cannot enter state first. That would be a useful option though.

I emailed TomTom about this because I want to get a 3rd edition One having gotten rid of my 2nd due to this. Their response talks about a shortcut on the 2nd edition to get just the cities in your state that I wasn't aware of. I may have kept the 2nd edition if I'd known about this and may just get another one instead of the 3rd because the Plus services have tremendous potential capabilities.

Here it is:

Dear Jim,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Support in regard on how to use the "navigate to" feature on the GO One 2nd Edition. I would be happy to assist you in this matter and my goal is to offer you an exceptional customer experience. In order to navigate to a specific address, please do the following to speed up the process of locating an address on your GO One 2nd Edition:

- go to "navigate to"

- select "address"

- select "street and house number"

- type in the city name, press the "space button" after the letter "z" on the bottom of the screen, and type the state's name

- the drop down/line information towards the top of the screen will show the city and state you are seeking

By doing this procedure, the city and state will be brought up faster on your "navigate to" screen.

The GO 720 and the GO One 3rd Edition work on the same principles when using the 'navigate to" feature. Both devices will allow you to select the state before the city.

If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

Thank You,
Jeremy
and
The TomTom Customer Support Team

some differences in the tomtom v3

The ability to input itineraries and
custom poi's has been omitted, they have also removed the external
antenna connector, the sim card slot, bluetooth capbilities, reduced the
warranty from 2 years to 1 and there is some discussion weather or not
the new unit is even Sirf Star III complient? I mistakenly thought
they made the old tomtom one v2 better (duh). The NO itinerary
feature issue threw me over the edge.