TomTom Home 2.4 Announced

I like these bits:
Map Share improvements:

* Map Share trust level can be set in TomTom HOME
* Improved Map Share Status Indicator for greater accuracy
Maybe now "trusted" will actually mean something. :rolleyes:

R?

When I opened up home, it downloaded 2.4. I let it install it, but so far, I do not see any apparent changes. According to TT, it is supposed to mainly fix some bugs in 2.3.

When I opened up home, it downloaded 2.4. I let it install it, but so far, I do not see any apparent changes. According to TT, it is supposed to mainly fix some bugs in 2.3.

The biggest difference is that TomTom is now offerering a subscription method (through Home 2.4) to get updated maps ....

Lots of GUI changes. Selecting a device is now a popup window in front of the main window. I noticed it now has a separate checkbox for reporting camera positions, but evidently the server to collect that data isn't up at the moment.

Operate My TomTom (previously Operate My GO) looks about the same.

Looks like the fuel price service has changed in some way; I unsubscribed from the service, but I am getting an error message that it was unable to extract the fuel type from the file. I'll look into this.

Umm... try going to Help, Check for TomTom HOME Update. I'm in NA so I guarantee it's not just a Europe thing.

All is fine. Thanks for the reminder. For whatever reason I was forgetting that the update had nothing to do with the device itself. :eek:

The biggest difference is that TomTom is now offerering a subscription method (through Home 2.4) to get updated maps ....

Where can we find out more about this subscription?

I couldn't find anything on TomTom's web site.

I downloaded the 2.4, looked at the screen for Map Preference levels, moved the slider ... and 33,000 mapshare updates on my 7.10 got WIPED OUT!!!

The easy solution (no, not do an update, since 7.10 is now a year old, the length of time for mapshares) would have been to use Explorer to copy back a map folder (yeah, once in a while, I DO practise what I preach! :) )

The dumb solution was to buy the bloody 8.10 map and kiss my lovely Navcore 7 compass good bye. :( :(

Memorial service to be announced. ;)

But, I do see the ALG arrows. Whoopee......

I downloaded the 2.4, looked at the screen for Map Preference levels, moved the slider ... and 33,000 mapshare updates on my 7.10 got WIPED OUT!!!

The easy solution (no, not do an update, since 7.10 is now a year old, the length of time for mapshares) would have been to use Explorer to copy back a map folder (yeah, once in a while, I DO practise what I preach! :) )

The dumb solution was to buy the bloody 8.10 map and kiss my lovely Navcore 7 compass good bye. :( :(
Ouch! :( And I was about to commence the download, too...

Perhaps a warning label is in order.

R?

I have not updated yet, haven't made a complete BU since before using the flashtool to get computer voices..
I read someone lost a large number of mapshares. He then set the slider to 'less restrictive' (couldn't find the post to quote wording used) and got all his MapShares back.
Also another poster had no problems putting 2.3 back on again.

The dumb solution was to buy the bloody 8.10 map and kiss my lovely Navcore 7 compass good bye.

But, I do see the ALG arrows. Whoopee......
GREEEAT.
Did you drive on the 401 or did you use the New Jersey coordinates simulation?

Hrmm...

Playing around with the new Trust Slider & viewing the resulting After Updates size, has shown me that my previous Home2.3 Trust Level apparently was "Low."

I thought I'd had that 'Reported by Some' -box unchecked.

R?

oooops
Lost all the mapshare.
My setting is in medium and I don't have anything to download.
Also in the country, it says "not available"

I will just wait for TomTom to fix again home

Ask a Question