TomTom 920 Announced

More information available on TomTom website, but only if you change the country to UK. It doesn't make sense to me why they always leave the Press Releases off of the US!! We are interested in these things too.

920 announcement

I have the Go 720 and it now at least seems like they have the RDS-TMC traffic reciever issue working based on this announcement that the 920T will include the receiver. Maybe we'll be able to buy one for the 720 soon.

I have the Go 720 and it now at least seems like they have the RDS-TMC traffic reciever issue working based on this announcement that the 920T will include the receiver.
The 720T includes the TMC reciever, but they don't offer that in the US. My guess is that it will the same with the 920T.

As noted by LostFool, they haven't announced a US release of the 920 yet.

Seems like a cool unit. I like the idea of "Voice Prompted Address Entry and Enhanced Positioning Technology".

With my job, the voice prompted address entry would be great! I really hope they release the software for this on the 910! Any hopes for this? Or am I just dreaming...

I guess I will pass on these new TT's. I was at least expecting a 40 GB hard drive. Did they give this up just so you can put it in your pocket???

Voice recognition info. from TT

Looks like Voice will be on 920 for US. That's good news.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 8:22 PM
To: sb
Subject: Re: 920

Hi Steve,

Yes, the 920 will have this feature.

Best,
Meredith

-----Original Message-----
To: Meredith Kish
Sent: Sun Sep 02 10:45:34 2007
Subject: 920

Hello, could you please confirm that the 920 will include the voice recognition feature for inputting addresses included in the models sold in the United States. When the 720 was announced this feature was indicated on the spec. sheet, and then removed for US sales. Before selling my 910, I just want to make sure that this will be an available feature in the 920.

Thank you,

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.13.2/983 - Release Date: 9/1/2007 4:20 PM

Im glad it will be available for the 920.
I feel bad that it's not available on the 720 for NA users.
Im sure that is why a big percentage of people purchased the 720 for the Speech Recognition feature.

Looks like the 920 and 920T are available from Amazon. Shipping in Late October. Also I think they ahve the numbers confused 920 is 699 and 920T is 599. That backwards to what it should be according to tomtom.

This looks cool but I will wait until someone has one in hand to give a review.

When Canon sold the Rebel & the 10D, they clamped the Rebel with software, so they could sell the 10D at a higher price. A Russian cracked it in no time. I think it will be the same for the 720.

I assume the 920 uses the same HW component as the 720 ... so I wonder if it will also have the same issue on hands-free calling?

Ask a Question