TomTom 920 Announced

who actually carries the 920 right now? I bought a 720 two weeks ago and I need to decide whether to keep it or return it and upgrade. I had a need for all the maps and it would save me some $$ and hassle.

who actually carries the 920 right now? I bought a 720 two weeks ago and I need to decide whether to keep it or return it and upgrade. I had a need for all the maps and it would save me some $$ and hassle.

To my knowledge the 920 is not even out yet. It might be a couple of weeks before we see anything.

Over a month later since last post on this thread. Does anyone have an idea when this model will be available? No one mentions availability other than the standard Q4 2007. One thread in the UK mentions 11-13-2007 for their stock. Hopefully this will be out by the end of November in the US.

A member here actually has a unit but won't mention where he/she got it.

The official news story says it could be as early as late October towards December.

You posted just before I was going to edit my previous post, stating that I had just read about someone receiving it. Too bad he would not say where he bought it. One guy was selling three on eBay and when I called, he said that he had all three in his warehouse. When I purchased it, the money was soon refunded because of a "grievous error" with his warehouse stock. I had already purchased a couple accessories in anticipation, now I have the accessories and no GPS to use them with.

At least this gives me hope that if someone has it, then it can't be too long before some more of the stock will be arriving and hopefully TigerGPS will get a good many in.

I wouldn't say where I got it because it might have gotten the merchant in trouble when I bought it last Friday. This forum is pretty cozy with the manufacturer so I didn't feel comfortable divulging where I got it. By doing so they kept me as a TomTom customer after the initial meltdown of my 720. On Sunday I posted that I was in Best Buy looking for TomTom accesories and they had the 920 on their shelves. Go to Best Buy. ! The store I went to is in Central Ohio. Does that help?
JR

Yes it is available. The Best Buy I went to only had 2 left. Looks like they sold a few because I can tell the spaces left out.
There was no display model as well for the XL*S.

I'll try to go to another BestBuy and see if there is a dislay model.

They only had the 920T. I asked the worker if they will expect the 920 with the receiver, the didn't know much about them.

920/920T information posted on TomTom.com

The TomTom.com website has now been updated to include information about the 920/920T. Hopefully this is a good sign as to the availability moving closer.

Crutchfield now has the 920T listed on their site with an availability date of Nov. 12. Anyone know if the 920/920T are compatible with SDHC cards?

The Nuvi 760 / 770 are both compatible with SDHC cards. This is the last thing I need to find out about before choosing b/w the Nuvi 770 and GO 920T.

Last edited:
Hey everyone i got the new 920t about a week ago. I went into a Best Buy and saw it locked p in the case with all the other GPS's. I found some kid he looked like he might have just started was real nervious that i wanted it, and he pulled it out and took it to the register for me. i Guess he didnt know they are supposed to be waiting to sell them.

I believe Amazon has the delay right now. I've seen them in Best Buy's.

Congrats on the purchase madden02.

Ask a Question