TomTom One Cradle

TomTom Model(s)
One
Finally finished my custom cradle. Here are the snapshots. For those that didn't see my work-in-progress thread, this was built incorporating the Garmin usb/car charger. Works the same for the ONE.

TTCradle1.jpg

TTCradle2.jpg

TTCradle3.jpg

TTCradle4.jpg

Wow that looks great!
Does the sun/glare have any effect on the position of the ONE?

The car in general has a lot of windows, so there is indeed glare on the ONE, but it's not too bad. It's better if I switch it over to night time colors.

wow. that looks real good!
BTW, how much did that setup cost you?
maybe i should look into making that...

Well it wasn't too bad. What I thought was pricey was the paint, since I only used a small amount. I went to Home Depot and bought a quart that I then had tinted to match the dash color of the car. That was $23. The Garmin charger was $28. The wood block was $10. It was already moulded round as it's a block that's used for rail posts. I carved out the shape for the one with a dremel. All in all $60ish. You can say it's a little pricey but am definitely happy with how it came out.

I toldya... you nee to make a few more and post them in the trade section ;)
looks great!

No fooling. For such a great looking drop-in base with mini-usb plug on the buttom, I would gladly pay $25 + s/h.

cbb77, when you said that you used a Garmin usb car charger, do you have a link to such an item? Is that what makes up the mini-usb plug in the bottom of your dock?

Tom

Ask a Question