TomTom One Automatically Turns On

I am wondering if someone can help me out. I have a Tomtom One Third Edition and it is suddenly turning on automatically every Sunday morning. I realize it might be telling me to go to church, but if anyone has this problem can you please help me turn this feature off. Thanks.

I have noticed mine turns itself on every once in a while. I don't think it has anything to do with sunday but I'll pay attention next time it happens

This had been happening with my GO 730 recently, and after talking to a few other fellow experts here, this could be attributed to a specific firmware update. Just to give me an idea, could you post what firmware version you are running?

Tech support may also be the best avenue, since the fixes for different models are frequently unique. If you want to call, their # is 866-486-6866.

After backing up my device, formatting it fully (not quick format) and then letting TomTom Home install everything from scratch, I have not had this problem since.

Velly intellresting, just yesterday the wife ask me why my TT One XL was on?
I said I don't know, haven't touched it, so before I turned it off (it sits by my computer when not in use) I thought I'd just check my battery status and low and behold it was in the red? So evidently it had been on for awhile, cause I did have the battery at full charge a couple of days ago and it must have just come on a few hours before being noticed, now the night before I had just updated it and it had me install a map correction notice (not a map update), so question just what I had installed as this has not happened in over a year since purchase of the XL............:confused:

Glad to see there are others with this problem. I thought maybe my house was haunted. My XL-S turns on by itself at various times and when I go to use it the battery is dead.

I update every so often but it keeps turning on by itself.

Has anyone figured out a fix?

not sure if this will help you or not, but I had a problem with my one repeatedly turning itself on and off earlier this year. It was not random but a continuous cycling on and off which apoears to be different from what you're seeing. however, the following fixed my problem

open wordpad and save the blank document as "poweroff.txt"

then open a file manager and rename the file "poweroff" removing the .txt file extension

load this file into the root directory of the tomtom and see if it makes any difference. if it does not, then you can simply remove the file.

not sure if this will help you or not, but I had a problem with my one repeatedly turning itself on and off earlier this year. It was not random but a continuous cycling on and off which apoears to be different from what you're seeing. however, the following fixed my problem

open wordpad and save the blank document as "poweroff.txt"

then open a file manager and rename the file "poweroff" removing the .txt file extension

load this file into the root directory of the tomtom and see if it makes any difference. if it does not, then you can simply remove the file.

Although not sure this will work for all NavCore versions, what it does is really turn off the unit as it normally is in standby mode. This would make the unit a bit longer to boot back up but the solution, if it works for you, may prove a happy compromise.

Although not sure this will work for all NavCore versions, what it does is really turn off the unit as it normally is in standby mode. This would make the unit a bit longer to boot back up but the solution, if it works for you, may prove a happy compromise.

I'm not sure about working with various navcor versions either, but can confirm it does not change the bootup speed in my unit. I only see longer bootups if I remove and replace the sd card. Then I need a pin reset to put the unit back into the shorter boot standby mode.

the poweroff file makes no difference either way.

I contacted TomTom and here is what they told me to do:

1. The symptoms you have described indicate to us that your program application needs to be updated. To assist you in doing so, we offer a link on our website which has been created to offer step by step instructions. To view this web page, please visit the link found below:

http://www.tomtom.com/6218

2. We also ask that you take a few minutes to run our Clear Flash utility. The Clear Flash utility will remove any fragmented files from the internal memory of your device. This utility will not affect the memory where your application and maps are installed.

To ensure that all files are removed we ask that you run the Clear Flash utility three times. Once the Clear Flash utility has finished, the device should function as expected. To access this program, please click on the link below and follow the instructions provided to flash your device:

http://www.tomtom.com/6211

Glad it's not just me

I asked the same question several weeks ago after finding my TT One on for no reason. Glad to see I'm not losing my mind...LOL.

Ask a Question