TomTom One 3rd Edition Fails after update

Anyone help please?

I have a TomTom One 3rd Edition (512MB Ram)UK Maps.

When I plug it in to TomTom One Home and carry out the update everything goes fine on restart until after I select one of the voices. It just freezes then and eventually reboots.Then is stuck in the same setup loop Any idea's? I have reset, re-formatted etc

I have a backup which if I restore is fine (although not up to date)

On another matter, I want to change the map to Western Europe for a holiday we are taking.

The maps listed on TomTom website all seem to big to fit on yet I'm sure there was a Western Europe version of the One (3rd edition).

Thanks for an help!
Cheers

You cannot use a Western Europe map on the One Third Edittion regional device as it doesn't have the necessary capacity, you might want to consider purchasing a country specific map such as France or Germany but to be honest I would look at using the cash to purchase a new device with the Western Europe map installed from day 01.

I got a new One with Easy Port mount and RDS-TMC receiver loaded with full Western Europe mapping for ?99:99 a couple of weeks ago from Comet so bargains can be found - probably a cheaper option than trying to upgrade a device with limitted storage capacity as lots of regional maps will get very costly.

As for the issue with your device not working what version of software is it running? tap the sat strength meter (lower right corner) followed by the version box and the resultant screen will offer lots of information about the Navcore (software) version and the map - Mike

The only reason to update the device is to use a new map, unless you intend running a v830 map on the device bearing in mind the limitted storage space preventing the European mapping from being used I would leave it well alone to be honest as the newer software offers no benefit to you - Mike

Ask a Question