TomTom One 130 hangs after disconnecting from PC

After connecting my TomTom One 130 to my PC to update it. I have tried every way to correctly disconnect it. Clicking Disconnect through the TomTom software, removing USB device through Windows Vista, powering it off before disconnecting, etc.

Everytime I disconnect it from the PC the TomTom One 130 locks up and requires me to hold the power button 15 seconds to reset it. It will work fine from then on. Why does it always hang after being disconnected from the computer though?

I have tried on 3 PCs running Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 beta all do the same thing.

Any thoughts on this? I have submitted a question through TomTom but haven't received a response yet.

Thanks!!

Hmmmm.....

Sounds as if you are trying to do the disconnect properly.

Can you uninstall and reinstall the application firmware and see whether that helps?

Don't know if this will help or not but, when you click on disconnect device do you wait a few seconds for all the updates to be installed? I know on my TT One XL that once I say disconnect divice I look at the TT and watch a yellow update line go across the bottom of my device, once that occurs then I disconnect.

Eldorado - great tip, that was it. I wasnt waiting long enough. If I hit disconnect and give it about 30 - 45 seconds it will change to the interface, I just wasnt waiting long enough. Thanks again guys!!

My XL is the same way. After the disconnect procedure I have to way 30 to 90 seconds before it cycles back into its start up. Then I can shut it down and put it away or whatever...

Ask a Question