TOMTOM One 130 as Hand Held GPS

Hi
I'm considering buying "TOMTOM One 130" and using it as Hand Help GPS. I decide this because of its size (Can easily fit in pocket). I have few queries on my decision.

1. What is the battery life when using as handheld. I see in spec it is 4 hours, not sure whether this is right
2. Will it hurt the battery life if I'm frequently turning on and off the GPS to not to keep GPS on continuously ?
3. Can I scroll the map as we do in normal iphone/maps to see the routes?
4. Can I zoom in and out the map ?

Thanks in advance in case if any one replying my queries.

In reality, the best you can hope for when the battery is new is about 2 hours.

None of the TT models are really very good for hand-held wandering as they are meant to be road units. Walking through treets in a city won't be very fruitful as the unit won't really react very well to movements at less than about 5 mph or even a bit higher.

Arni, a TomTom makes a very poor substitution for an off-road navigator. No real compass, poor comparable battery life, easily damaged by water, no way to prevent inadvertrnt screen taps if left on in your pocket. In addition, there are no terrain maps for a TomTom, nor will it compute routes to most off-road locations. There are very few highway use gps's that can perform adequately off-road/pedestrian as well. Even walking a city with a Tomtom isn't very easy as they are slow to react to walking speeds. There are much better choices for about the same or slightly more money.

What do you plan to do with it? Use it for navigating to in-city sites, light trail walking, hiking?

Last edited:

Ask a Question