tomtom one 125 RDS-TMC 8mm to USB

ok so i bought a RDS-TMC cable and did not see it was a 8mm cable then i find out that the one i needed was a usb but the usb is so expensive i bought this unit for $50 the cable is $65 cheapest so i got to thinking if there is a way i can turn this into a usb i tryed to find out some info on it maybe to solder something but i have been unable to find anything i need..... if anyone has a link to either how to do it or are you able to do it orrrrrrr a very cheap working cable

My understanding is that both types of antennas will work. The older model (which you apparently have) should work as well as the usb plug type.

Only the older One XL (Classic) and One Third Edittion can accept either of the RDS-TMC receivers, the newer One and XL devices that use the "Easy Port" type mount don't have a socket for the round style plug so you have no option but to use a mini USB style receiver.
Not too sure why these are so much more costly, although in the UK some retailers seem to be clearing stock of the units with the round plug, its not difficult to pick these up for around ?5 new from a high street store - Mike

Ask a Question