TomTom Map

Hi All.

I have fast question about TT Maps.
Now let suppose that i want to travel to Europe, But i dont have Europe Map in my Device, But i have friend has it!!! can I make a copy from his Map and download it to my Device !!! and it will work ??? Or each device has it own map, and cant work on other device?
The reason i am asking this because i have seen some Sites like Amazon selling Maps on a lil SD!!!
And also i see so much Maps in some forums and they offer it for free !!!

would u explain this to me ..

Thank you.

Last edited:
California,

From what I understand TomTom use to describe maps a long time ago like you say on a SD.
Maybe it was on CD/DVD's, I don't know and wasn't around back then.

Now TomTom is the only OFFICAL distributor of maps and they are all electronic downloads made with the Home application.

And to answer your question.
No a map is not transferable like that as each device has a unique serial number and the maps are generated/activated to that serial number.

So if you copy your friends map it will not work.

The only official TomTom exception to this would be if use home to switch devices linked to your TomTom account.
It switches everything in your account to the new serial number.

This is used when you buy a new device and want to transfer all of your things to the new device or
for a warranty where you get a refurbished replacement.

When I did this for my warranty the message I got from Home I think was that you can do this every six months.

It will also have to download the map again and anything premium like voices as they are all linked to the old serial number.

I also think that you might be able to transfer a map subscription using home like this.

Ask a Question