TomTom Home software and replacement device

Hi,

I recently purchased a new TT (XXL 540M) online because my old (ONE 130) was stolen.

Will it be necessary for me to remove the TT Home software (and the associated ONE 130 files) before I hook up the XXL to my computer for the first time? Or will the software be "smart enough" to recognize it as a new/additional device?

I'm asking this because I want to be able to download the latest map for my new device, and if the Home software still detects files associated with my old device , I'm thinking I may run into problems....

Thanks!

DB

You will be fine having multiple devices from a single computer just make sure when you create an account for the new toy that you use a new e-mail address, DO NOT use the same e-mail addy that your 130 was using otherwise you will have a huge raft of issues.

If you don't have a spare e-mail address simply make something up in the e-mail format for example "[email protected]" would be fine as far as TomTom is concerned - Mike

Ask a Question