TomTom Home software

How do you stop the TomTom Home software from automatically loading in the tool bar when you boot up? I have it set to start when it detects the unit in the charger but that makes no difference.

I have exited the program while the unit was in the charger thinking that would do it but not.

I have shut the unit down while the program is still running but no change.

What else is there to try?

Thanks

Jeff

How do you stop the TomTom Home software from automatically loading in the tool bar when you boot up? I have it set to start when it detects the unit in the charger but that makes no difference.

I have exited the program while the unit was in the charger thinking that would do it but not.

I have shut the unit down while the program is still running but no change.

What else is there to try?

Thanks

Jeff

Uncheck that option to auto detect... that bugged me too. Its tantamount to having it say "start with windows", like every other program.

Start-->Run-->Msconfig

Move to startup tab. Scroll down to entry showing Home. Uncheck it. Hit Apply. You're advised to restart the computer. Do so. When the computer restarts, you'll see a window appear. Uncheck the box that shows and click 'ok'.

That should do it...

(above presumes you have a pc, not a mac).

Start-->Run-->Msconfig

Move to startup tab. Scroll down to entry showing Home. Uncheck it. Hit Apply. You're advised to restart the computer. Do so. When the computer restarts, you'll see a window appear. Uncheck the box that shows and click 'ok'.

That should do it...

(above presumes you have a pc, not a mac).

Note though that once you run TomTom Home, that little app in the system tray will remain even after you close TomTom Home, until you restart or logoff.

Note though that once you run TomTom Home, that little app in the system tray will remain even after you close TomTom Home, until you restart or logoff.
You can delete it any time you want, even if you didn't disable it with msconfig, as dhn explained, by right clicking on the icon in the tray and clicking on Exit.

Every version of Windows I have ever used has an MSCONFIG utility except for one...the one I use now, Windows 2000..any other ideas to stop this beast that is messing up my system? Chuck

Delete TomTom Home from your computer, should you need a map update simply re-install it get your map then delete it again - Mike

Thank you Andy P!!! I had forgotten about Startup CPL, put it on a few years ago and never used it so took it off. Excellent!!!

Last edited:

Ask a Question