TomTom Home Software keeps quitting

I'm on a MacBook Pro 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo running OSX 10.4.11 and Home v.1.5.106.

This software is so buggy on my computer. It has quit on me about 6 times in the last 1/2 hour. It quits every time I try to download something and it quits even when I try to preform a simple backup.

Any ideas anyone?

TomTom Home for the Mac is just a badly written piece of sh software.

We have to wait for the 2.0 version, which might show up one day (keyword=might)

The 1.5 version plain sucks, and won't even let you download new maps you buy, or use mapshare.

TomTom should put that on their boxes,I would have gotten a Garmin if I had knew.

Oh, and don't try the 1.6 version, it's the same, just another version.

I have experienced the same problem with HOME for the Mac. I have a Mac at work and have found that between HOME not running very well on the Mac and the lack of the same features as are in HOME for the PC, I don't connect my XL-S to the Mac any more.
In fact, I experienced most of the problems recently described, from losing the voices when upgrading to not even having the option to download other computer voices and not being able to get an SD card recognized. Once I used HOME for the PC, it appeared to remedy all of my issues.

I love using my Mac, but this is one case where the lack of proper platform support causes more harm than good. As stated in another post above, I wish TomTom stated on the box that there is really no support for the Mac currently (I've even heard in a post that TomTom support told the user that they really needed to plug their unit into a PC to get it fixed...) so that I didn't head down that path. It wasted many more hours and offered more frustration on what otherwise is a great product.

Sorry for the long-winded first post...

G

TT One XL-S

Ask a Question