SD Card NEW! TomTom Home will not install software

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom ONE XL
I got the 2GB SD Disk from PNY, popped it in and home saw my device, but then would not WRITE TO THE DEVICE! The same damn thing was happening with the internal memory, so now It must be a tomtom home problem and I got memory for nothing. I am using Windows 7 RC1 and tom tom home 2.6

It will not write the file ttsystem

Does this SD Disk need to be formatted or something right now its FAT with 32KB allocation, thats the way windows showed it when it was popped in

ok I see tom tom one XL as a valid device in my devices in windows, i am able to drag and drop files into the tom tom, I am able to copy/paste/cut back and forth. The problem is tomtom home then maybe? how can I get these updates manually?

ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToDevice/Install/Single/Write: An error occurred while using this file: F:\ttsystem
@ .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp(1233)
in .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp:1233
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:84
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1032
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:81
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 06:07:16 GMT

Ok Finally I was able to format both the internal memory and the sd card under windows 64 Pro (Turns out windows 7 was part of the problem)

So Now I have 2 fresh formatted drives under fat32 format waiting to be updated by tomtom home and guess what? The same ttystem error again!

What the hell is going on! :eek:

Have you got access to a computer with a more normal operating system on it such as XP or Vista in 32 bit mode to see if that makes a difference, I don't think Windows 7 is supported as yet and XP 64 bit is also known to cause issues - Mike

I have access to xp

Both Drives are now formatted and ready to install, no matter what I do ttsystem (which is the nav 7 I believe) from tom tom home will not install to the unit, I keep getting an error

Can you install the application **without** Home running. Just use winrar and extract the folders and files to the card.

Ok I know how to use .rar , but guess what where do I find the nav program then for the one xl manually? Its not on my computer it did not back up, unless maybe its in the home folder?

The path will vary slightly in Vista but in XP it is c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\home\download\complete\application. Look there.

TomTom Home 2.7 works perfectly on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit laptop. It seems like there is a problem with the device. I'm able to write to my device from my Mac OS X laptop, Vista 64 bit, Windows 7 64-bit, and XP 32-bit computers with no problem.

I've heard of weird compatibility issues, especially when using memory cards inside a Tomtom in Vista or later. Probably a USB driver issue, especially given the very old bootloader (embedded linux OS/drivers) in a ONE XL.

Stick the blank SD in your XL. Unplug it from your computer and turn the XL on until the red X, then turn it off. The SD will now contain some identification files.

Now take out the SD, stick it in a regular SD reader in your computer, and see if HOME recognizes the identification files and updates the SD as if it were a Tomtom. If so, then you can plug in the updated SD into your ONE XL and it should run fine.

Ask a Question