tomtom One LE HOME software problems

I just go a tomtom One LE for Christmas, and I'm having trouble with the Home software. I can't tell if this is a crappy piece of software or what, but nearly everytime I try to do something, it gives me an error. When I plug in my tomtom and it goes through it's autoupdate rutine, it gives an error like:
Code:
Error during scanning for navigational items. Trying to scan a volume that does not exist I:\voices\data02.chk
The tomtom mounts in XP as drive I, but when I access it in explorer no folders are shown (even when I select show hidden). Anyone have any ideas? I should at least be able to update this thing without errors...

I just go a tomtom One LE for Christmas, and I'm having trouble with the Home software. I can't tell if this is a crappy piece of software or what, but nearly everytime I try to do something, it gives me an error. When I plug in my tomtom and it goes through it's autoupdate rutine, it gives an error like:
Code:
Error during scanning for navigational items. Trying to scan a volume that does not exist I:\voices\data02.chk
The tomtom mounts in XP as drive I, but when I access it in explorer no folders are shown (even when I select show hidden). Anyone have any ideas? I should at least be able to update this thing without errors...

Does the Tom Tom work OK after this? Which version of TTHome? How did you obtain the TTH software? Disk or web site? Do you have DSL or cable modem with a wired connection? Your answers will help with the diagonsis.

Yes it does work (as far as I can tell, I haven't taken a trip with it post update try, but it does turn on, locate satellites and show my correct position on the map).

TTHome Version 2.1.2.121 Downloaded from www.tomtom.com

Cable modem with wired connection. I have permanently disabled windows firewall, and I have tried the program with my 3rd party (Kerio Personal) both active and not.

I'm not sure if I made this clear in my first post, but basically anything I try to do results in an error on the program. Sometimes the error isn't even the same when i try to redo the same function! I'm focused on updating my One LE right now, but the whole program is really FUBAR.

Well I solved it. On the advice of a reply to another thread I changed which USB port I had the cord plugged in. I moved it from the front to the back, and immediately i got about 1/2 way through the install before an error. Big Improvement! Finally the third port completely fixed the problem, and I was able to update with no errors. Thanks for the help anyway, r028806!

Ask a Question