TomTom GO 910 Buddie feature

LOL! I haven't updated my position lately. People are free to add me to their buddy list.
Yes, Mine shows you somewhere on Pivot St. This shows you the LIMITATIONS of this buddy thingy :)
And anyone can add me also. Right now I'm up to 3 buddies you two here are the active ones and the third guy has been silent since he was added.
I expect that the fun wares off quickly.

CT

You guys can add me i cant post emails yet to new thanks
my nick name at snet.net
isn't there a comercial you know where you at by boost or something

I want some buddies

Ok we i just got my phone working with my tomtom wich i have had for some time now. (GO510)
so I want to get some buddies here is my email address (e-mail address removed)
I live in South Carolina USA so if there is anyone around here that would be awsome if not no sweat just add me to your list I want to see how this thing works!.

thanks agin:eek:

Couple questions about Buddies:

1) Once you have a buddy in the TomTom, does it automatically update their position and notify you if you have any text messages, or do you have to manually force an update all the time?

2) If you are disablling your location, will it still update and/or recieve updates from others?

Couple questions about Buddies:

1) Once you have a buddy in the TomTom, does it automatically update their position and notify you if you have any text messages, or do you have to manually force an update all the time?
>>It does NOT do anything AUTOMATICALLY, that is why it "stinks" so much. It would be nice if you could set that as an option.

2) If you are disablling your location, will it still update and/or recieve updates from others?
>>Yes, you can still get updates from others. As far as I can tell.
>> none of the buddies in my TomTom have update their postion in months. One poor sole is still stuck in DisneyLand. :)
Have a Merry Christmas everyone!!

Buddies Is Being Discontinued :-(

Has anyone setup and used the 910 "Buddies" feature? I was curious as to how well it worked, although I don't know anyone locally that has one. :-(

Bryan

Hello every TomTom Buddy
I just got off of the phone with TomTom support at 1-866-486-6866
because I was having problem with the Buddies feature. Well gang, he
said that the Buddies feature has been discontinued because of lack
of use. Well gee whiz, it was useless as they did it. If they had
spent a little more programming time on it to make it usefull maybe
it would have caught on.
One one else have any comments on this???
Regards,
-Ray

Hello every TomTom Buddy
I just got off of the phone with TomTom support at 1-866-486-6866
because I was having problem with the Buddies feature. Well gang, he
said that the Buddies feature has been discontinued because of lack
of use. Well gee whiz, it was useless as they did it. If they had
spent a little more programming time on it to make it usefull maybe
it would have caught on.
One one else have any comments on this???
Regards,
-Ray

Well, my buddies is working now, MAYBE if ALL THREE of us start using it they will see the usage go up and NOT discontinue it:)

You could use HOME (via Virtual TomTom) :)
You will need to enable the wireless mode on and have your username and password for your HOME account in your unit.

Ask a Question