TomTom GO 910 Buddie feature

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 910
Has anyone setup and used the 910 "Buddies" feature? I was curious as to how well it worked, although I don't know anyone locally that has one. :-(

Bryan

Guess it would be stupid for you and I to try?!? :) Has to be in the same area, right?

Bryan
Nope. As long as both of you have maps for both your areas, it'll show. If the person A is in a region which isn't loaded onto the TomTom of person B, then it won't show.

I got a few requests but don't know who they are.
Reveal yourselves! :)
I received a PM from Battom so I know which is his.

whatsamatta? don't want a bunch of weirdos knows where you're at??? :)

...i'm still on my video SD Card so I don't have buddies activated just now.

Yoah!!!!

Pedro you are about as far away as someone can get in the continental US from me.... according to your Buddy icon. 3037 miles 50:38 hours.

I think THAT is a good test for range....

LOL I noticed when I was browsing your location.

I would say this is pretty cool.
This is also perfect for caravans.

If I was a kid again... this could be a very expensive game of hide and seek / tag... with gas prices. hahaha

Have I mentioned that I love this PND? And this site??

I only wish now that I had bought the 910.... er I mean... Talked Santa into bringing me the 910 :)

I live int he sticks.... not so much the sticks anymore these days with 20 years of developement. But we used to use CB radios and play car tag and car hide and seek...using the signal strength to know how close we were.

this would be easier.... but I'm just being silly now!!!

It's 1:30AM and I can't sleep... playing too much with my new electronic toy! hahaha

....... my wife is gonna kill me. :eek:

Yoah!!!!

Pedro you are about as far away as someone can get in the continental US from me.... according to your Buddy icon. 3037 miles 50:38 hours.

I think THAT is a good test for range....

Pedro is 2707 Miles and 45:04 Hours from me. N 33.94625 W 118.14797
dpavao is 1449 Miles and 24:44 Hours from me. N 41.91031 W 71.27446
ecernst is 1077 Miles and 18:14 Hours from me. N 39.41547 W 76.62584

Did any of you read my posting over at "engadet"???
What are your comments on this "Buddy" stuff?????

well now that I have 3 different coordinates, I can stalk them. LOL just kidding.... but I can see how this could be dangerous.

I read your post and saw your email, just figured I wasn't part of that conversation so shouldn't just add you on a whim without asking.

If you are a family with more than one TomTom PND this could be useful to keep track of your kids.... but then, maybe getting the ability to track a cellphone would be cheaper.

well now that I have 3 different coordinates, I can stalk them. LOL just kidding.... but I can see how this could be dangerous.

I read your post and saw your email, just figured I wasn't part of that conversation so shouldn't just add you on a whim without asking.

If you are a family with more than one TomTom PND this could be useful to keep track of your kids.... but then, maybe getting the ability to track a cellphone would be cheaper.

And HOW can this be dangerous??? Since it is NOT a live update the location is OLD one minute AFTER you press the "Update Now" icon and you are still moving. I really do NOT see how this can be usefull unless everyone is pressing "Update NOW" so that they CAN meet up.
How can you keep track of your kids??? The Disney cell phone is much better for that.
Hey, now that there are a few of us on each others TomTom's ZOOM your map way out!!!!!!
My two cents......

Last edited:

You can ADD anyone that has a "PLUS" account on a whim but it will NOT get ADDED until they OK it and then YOU are automatically on their buddy list too.
My two cents.

You can ADD anyone that has a "PLUS" account on a whim but it will NOT get ADDED until they OK it and then YOU are automatically on their buddy list too.
My two cents.

Yeah.... I noticed that after I added Pedro.

I've been "Google Earth-ing" him all week... he goes to some really strange places!

just kidding... :)

Ask a Question