TOMTOM GO 730 Waste of money

Hi,

Just a quick warning really to anyone considering purchasing this device. I purchased it over 3 months ago at 210?. This device has been nothing but trouble.

Bluetooth is a waste of time , usually end up having to reset device to connect via blu tooth, This has been tested numerous times with 4 differnt phone`s including nokia n96 & n97.

jukebox , again numerous times ive had to reset device just to play a track (mp3)

Silver on back of device covering speaker and where you clamp device to window is all peeling of.

Battery last 10 mins even if i leave it plugged in to pc for 24 hours before driving.

totally gutted i wasted my money on this device if i could i would return it for refund.

I'm new here, so thought this would be a good place to start posting.

I've had just the opposite experience with my 2 month old 730. For two family trips, it's worked perfectly, and we were able to find stores and shops on the fly. I also use it to answer and place calls on my Samsung phone with no issues. Great product so far, and no sign of peeling silver yet.

Battery life is not good, but it's not hard to keep it plugged in to the lighter while driving.

The crashing with the FM transmitter and bluetooth is a frequently reported bug, that can be worked around by downgrading the app per these instructions.

A 10 minute battery life is not normal, and the OP should be able to replace under warranty. Unless the device was purchased second hand, which could also explain the chipping.

Ask a Question