TomTom Go 730 Error - Having Mind of its Own

I have my Go 730 for several month now - and happy - until recently.

Whenever it's on, the screen always change as if the screen is being touched on the upper right side. On navigation mode, this will result in the gps is going to "Walk for Help" page, chose the 1st or 2nd available option from the top, and then try to dial phone (associated phone number is displayed on the upper right side of the display).

Has anybody experienced this kind of error? Is this more of a software glitch and can be fixed by simply doing a wipe and reinstall, or a hardware (i.e. screen) problem?

This is very frustrating, as here in Dubai, the street changes much on a daily basis, and seems that Tomtom is doing a better job with the maps than Garmin, and I really hate to be forced to switch to Garmin.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Insert the corner of a business card in to the gap between the screen and the surrounding bezzel, run the corner of the card around the gap a few times to dig out any dirt that has become stuck in the gap - I assume you don't have a screen protector fitted? if so take that off as they can also case the sort of behaviour you describe - Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try that tomorrow and let you know the result.

Happy New Year!!

Cheers,

I've tried what you suggested, and tested my gps for half-day yesterday, and it worked!!

I love Tomtom!!

Thanks Mike for your suggestion.

Cheers,

Ask a Question