Tomtom Go 720 problems - need help!

Hello, guys!

I have a problems with connecting my TT GO 720 to the PC. When I connect device to laptop it asks 'connect to computer?' when I press YES it frozes and showing welcome screen(tomtom picture screen)...if I wait it just turning off...for sure my Computer is not 'seeing' device...

Extremely need help,
please reply if you could help

thanks

Hello, guys!

I have a problems with connecting my TT GO 720 to the PC. When I connect device to laptop it asks 'connect to computer?' when I press YES it frozes and showing welcome screen(tomtom picture screen)...if I wait it just turning off...for sure my Computer is not 'seeing' device...

Extremely need help,
please reply if you could help

thanks

Try a different usb port .... on the back of the computer if one is available.

I tried all 4 usb ports - the same...

Are you powering on the unit, docking and then starting up Home or powering on the unit after docking to the unit and having Home running?

Try powering on first. Also, try a pin reset.

Are you powering on the unit, docking and then starting up Home or powering on the unit after docking to the unit and having Home running?

Try powering on first. Also, try a pin reset.

I tried! It asks 'connect to computer', if I press yes it flashes off the screen on TT and then displays TOMTOM welcome screen...

I tried! It asks 'connect to computer', if I press yes it flashes off the screen on TT and then displays TOMTOM welcome screen...

I would try to connect a USB Memory Stick to the PC to make sure that the PC is recognizing it as a memory device? This would confirm the USB is working.
Then try uninstalling TomTom Home completly and Instal it back again after a reboot. Also make sure that Home is updated to the latest version (2.3) by going to Help->updates in Home. Reebot yout PC, Start TomTom Home first and connect the TT to the PC (Powered Off) and switch TT on. Probably remove any SD card if inserted in the TT before connecting.

Ask a Question