Tomtom go 720 and LG Venus help

OK so a got a new/refurb Go 720 set up from factory as indicated below:

Bootloader v. 55120
Navcore v 8351 9982
Map v. 710.1584
Meta. TXT v. 09.10.08

So when I try to sync up my Verizon LG Venus VX8800, the phone picks up the Tomtom 720 but the Tomtom can't locate the phone. Any suggestions ........

Since this is a refurb, no free map updates ... any suggestions on where I can get the latest North American map and what is the procedure for install. Oh yea, what hacks are available for this unit ... I already have made two original backups for saving grace if needed.

Thanks for any help and have a great day.

Theimagemaker

The only legitimate way to get the current map is by purchasing it from TomTom.

Any discussion of other ways to get the map (in other words, to steal it) is inapproriate in this or any other legitimate gps site. Read the announcement about that at the top of every forum here.

Legit !!!!

I have no problem with legit and not trying to undermine the forum rules, just trying to learn.

By the way thanks for taking the time to respond, have a good day.

theimagemaker

So when I try to sync up my Verizon LG Venus VX8800, the phone picks up the Tomtom 720 but the Tomtom can't locate the phone. Any suggestions ........

The Tomtom has to be the one initiating the pairing for things to work.

Make the LG discoverable, and have the Tomtom search for it.

Also, some have reported that LG's aren't very compatible. One workaround that worked for others is to have the LG search for devices at the exact same time the Tomtom is searching for the LG (make the LG discoverable first). Sometimes this helps in getting the Tomtom to find the phone.

Ask a Question